Dining Minx is the alter ego of Natalie Sophie Shaer.
London-born, lived until recently in Tel Aviv, moved back to London. Left with a confused identity.
I attempt to make sense of life around the world through cooking, eating and writing. My obsession with palatable sensations is driving my excusable attempt as an
amateur food writer and ambitious cook. This is my way to deal with life, which for me so far is defined by: an incessant desire to explore; an infinite desire to eat; a constant need to explain my life through wine consumption and Oprah; and a tiresome insecurity over the inflammation residing inside my back jean pockets.
When everything around me makes no sense, the Dining Minx comes to play and I have clarity. Gastronomic tendencies offer life’s confusions with glorious escapism. The insecurities of this British wanderer dissolve in the mist of taste, sense and smell.
Three most important things in my life:
1. My family
2. My Nepresso machine
3. My spice collection.
My favourite 3 things to eat:
2. Curries from any Asian continent
3. Deep-fried morsels. I would seriously consider eating anything that is deep fried
I have three clauses:
1. Life and eating should be treated the same. Both must be: lived to the full and be fabulous.
2. My company must have an appetite and should never, under all circumstances, be picky.
3. Nothing should be taken too serious. If eating is to be fun, cooking is the roller coaster ride.
Who is the Dining Minx?read more